Friday, January 2, 2009

Starting Off the New Year!

I can't think of a better way to start a new year than to eat out and be with a friend, so that is what I did today!

One of my Red Hot friends - you'll remember her as Red Hot Princess - met me at the Tiffany Cellar Cafe. It is an old home that has a bridal shop upstairs, and a quaint little eatery in the cellar.

It has lattice everywhere, and cute tiffany lamps, and an ugly, old waitress that took forever to take our order! I think she forgot about us. But that was okay, because we discussed everything from decorating rooms . . . . . . to pregnant teenagers . . . . . . . to the new Bachelor show starting on Monday . . . . . . . to the current bachelor show that has the mothers participating!


And then we took a picture in front of the fountain in the cellar. But, I forgot to bring the handy dandy tripod that Red Hot Mama gave me for Christmas. So, I had to extend my arms and take this photo because the ugly, old waitress didn't offer to do it for us!

And then I cropped the photo because my arms needed to be about 14 inches longer so that you wouldn't see the inside of my nose and the lettuce on the Princess' teeth! Just kidding, RHP!


8 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

happy new year laura!

you crack me up! :)

xo
melissa

nikkicrumpet said...

My what beautiful eyes you both have lol. Happy New Year!!!

Saucy said...

Whaaat? The waitress wouldn't take a photo? That's poor. I hope it reflected in your tip. Otherwise the place sounds sweet!

The Muse said...

LOL....i feel like I am at a "peep" show...
well not really as I have NEVER been to a peep show, of course! LOL LOL

Consider your blog POSTED :)

Pegasus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pegasus said...

Sorry...I deleted my first post...too many errors.

Anyhooo...

What a great way to start off the New Year. Hope it was Red Hot!
:0)
Peggy
(aka...Red Hot Cabbage)

A New England Life said...

What a nice way to spend an afternoon. Sometimes you get a bad waitress, but you ladies always have plenty to talk about! Not sure how you remember it all though.

She is rather tan, isn't she ... ; )

Nancy and the fatties said...

You are a true friend when you crop a photo just to hide the lettuce in your friend's teeth. ; )
Sounds so fun, Laura - I love the tiffany lamp pic!