Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just an Old Fashioned Love Song!

When I visited One Wired Woman's blog the other day, she had Love is in the Air playing. Well, thanks to her, I can't get that song out of my head!

I'm sure I was singing it when I was in Walmart the other day. I noticed they still had Christmas stuff and there were quite a few red ribbon wreaths. I have a feeling they got these too late to put out in time for Christmas. I knew it would make a cute Valentine wreath - $1.50 for the wreath!

Add in some erasers, a cute paddle from one of those paddle ball thingies, and heart ribbon from the Dollar Tree!

Be sure your helper is on the counter checking everything out, grabbing an eraser, getting too close to the glue gun, and generally assisting only the way a cat can assist!

Attempt a few pictures with the assistant making sure the ribbon is firmly attached!


Not bad for under $5! I can't decide if I want to keep this in the house or put it on the front door!


9 comments:

Starchy said...

That is sooooo cute! You're so crafty! And it's great to see you had so much help. ha!

Mikki said...

Laura, that is fabulous!! So creative and cute. Newman makes it that much cuter too.

Yeah, you're right in remembering another b-day not too long ago in our house, it was Ashley's.

BoogersCat said...

Seriously! You're the craftiest person I know!!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh my goodness! i love it and i can tell newman does too!
you are so creative!
xo
melissa

Darlene said...

That is too ADORABLE!!! I LOVE it. I can also tell Newman was such a big help to you...LOL!!!!!

The Muse said...

NEATO ! LOL....tremendous bargain and an excellent re`purpose for the season!

Love the kitty! :)

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Laura! I love your Valentines wreath! You did a great job on it and I love your cat!

A New England Life said...

How the heck do you think this stuff up? I would never be that creative. Well good for you Laura, I say hang it on the front door.

Your assistant is growing by leaps and bounds! He's fuzzy too! I like Violets new photo. Must have come from his 'bestest' ; )

Lorie said...

I love the wreath! It turned out so cute!