Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It Was One of Those Days . . . . .

. . . . . . where you're glad to be on the inside looking out.

. . . . . . . because it is butt freezing cold, and there are snow flurries - really, there are, squint and look closely (no laughing, Sharon, cause I know you are up to your eyeballs in snow)!


. . . . . . . where taking a catnap isn't a half bad idea (but I didn't)!


. . . . . . . . where seeing this bird in the living room reminds me to think about the warmer weather that is around the corner!


. . . . . . . where having cake for lunch made sense (and I did)!


. . . . . . . . where I started to do laundry this morning, and didn't get the first load in until 5:30!

. . . . . . . . where I spent most of the day putting together that freebie photobook from OurHubub!

. . . . . . . . where I just got a phone call from Ted who went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription that is really sitting at the CVS pharmacy . . . . . oops!





8 comments:

A New England Life said...

Are you sure those are flurries? lol! Yes, we had plenty of snow, sleet, and freezing rain today. Calvin has the right idea. I sure could have used a nap today but I too had things that needed to get done.

Spring, I can't wait! My paperwhites are blooming! Do you have any paperwhites Laura?

I had boston creme cake tonight that I made this morning ; ) Hope you had some coffee with yours.

Poor Ted, that sounds like something that would happen to us.

Mikki said...

Brrr!! Looks very, very cold. And that cake looks very, very yummy. I made brownies, frosted them, then ate one for me, and one for each of my boys, because they were napping.

The Muse said...

LOL...flurries...flurries...LOL really????
i think you were looking for a CAKE DEMISE excuse...

LOL

cute, just cute :)

BoogersCat said...

I think Calvin has the right idea... Mmmmm cake!

Pegasus said...

a day like yours! I try but I usually have something to call me to co out! Can't wait to see your new FREE book and to see how it compares to the Shutterfly version!

The Muse said...

buzzing by here to let you know that it is snowing in Alaska..so...if you want a "Cake Demise" reason by proxy... LOL LOL there are snow flurries to be had somewhere! LOL
LOL
this post was too cute lol

Starchy said...

I think it's one of those days when I want cake for supper. And cookies and ice cream for dessert. And then a Hershey bar for a snack.

hee hee hee

Oh, hey, I do drink the UNsweet tea at McAlister's. So you've seen them pour that tea pitcher full of sugar in those pots, too, huh? :)

One Wired Woman said...

The cat has the right idea for sure!! :)