Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hey Paula!

Do y'all love to watch the cooking shows? I do! I'm not a huge fan of doing the cooking, but I do love to watch others. When I saw Paula Dean make some easy peanut butter cookies, I thought I'd give them a try, y'all.

Only ingredients needed - Splenda, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla - stuff you have on hand, y'all! No flour needed, and the way Paula was ooohing and ahhing, y'all, I just knew I was gonna love them.

Cause as Paula says, Don't y'all just love a good peanut butter cookie?

Well, y'all, let me be the first to tell y'all that these are the worst peanut butter cookies I have ever tasted in my life! And I say that with the most sincere southern accent I have. If you bake them the time intended, they are drier than the Sahara. If you undercook them just a tad, you don't choke from the dryness, but the taste is not pleasant!

That's why I'm not giving y'all the recipe. I'm tellin' y'all, these cookies are enough to make you never watch Paula Dean again!

So, instead of trying these, I recommend y'all buy a box or two of Do Si Dos from your local Girl Scout. Y'all won't be disappointed!


8 comments:

The Muse said...

LOL LOL ROFLMPatootieO...
well, if milk wont save them...what about something STRONGER? LOL

Doreen said...

I bet she moaned and groaned saying how wonderful they are. hahaha I swear some of those "cooks" make some of the worst stuff.

D

Melissa and Emmitt said...

LOL!
that is too funny!
i think paula dean is fun to watch and so over the top with her flirting and use of butter. i cannot believe she gave out a dry recipe. shame on her!
xo
m

A New England Life said...

Ha haa!!! I don't really trust that Paula Dean. She just says what she thinks you want to hear.

Too bad you wasted the ingredients Laura. Do-si-dos sound delish right about now! One of my favorite cookies since I was a little girl.

Starchy said...

Plus...buying the Dosidos is so much easier. Egads, I hate cooking.

One Wired Woman said...

Thanks for the heads up... Paula moans over every single thing she puts in her mouth. I don't doubt that she is drooling over most things but anything with Splenda can't be that good. :) If you have any good Splenda recipes, let me know. My FIL is a diabetic and I'm always searching. :)

LittlePeopleWealth said...

Those cookies look great though...

Mikki said...

Well, at least they look good. That counts for something right?