Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Dome Day!

We spent the afternoon in Frankfort - our state capitol. This is the floral clock that sits in front of the capitol building. The center area of the clock is in the shape of the state. You can imagine how pretty this looks in the summer when it is in full bloom!

We went to a few antique shops. My only purchase was this large dome and base. It stands about 11 inches high, and the price? Five dollars! I know, you can't believe it . . . . . neither could I!

All I need now is a pheasant!


5 comments:

One Wired Woman said...

Cool ginormous clock!! I can just imagine what it looks like in full bloom. Love the dome too. :)

A New England Life said...

I think you need a bird nest and some blue eggs to go under your dome! That's what most people seem to use anyway.

Bet you had a wonderful time. The clock is huge and I sure wish it were in bloom right now for us all to see : )

The Muse said...

I am so PROUD of you! LOL

Mikki said...

Love the deal you got. I want one of those. I'm waiting to find a deal like yours though.

nikkicrumpet said...

Very cool clock...I bet it's gorgeous in season. And what a bargain on that cloche!!!!