Friday, January 9, 2009

Dad Was Right!

My Dad had two favorite quotes, and everyone that knew him also knew these quotes - he used them all the time! One of them was:


There is no such thing as a free lunch!

Last night I came in first place at Bunco! And the prize? A free lunch . . . . . or in my case, a free dinner tonight. Well, not entirely free - there was more on the bill than in the card, proving that there is no such thing as a free lunch!

Remember the leaking roof? The roofer dudes came out and caulked the area where they thought the water was getting in. And they told Ted, we won't charge you in hopes that when you need a new roof, you'll give us a call.

Well, my friends, not only is there no such thing as a free lunch . . . . . .

There is no such thing as a free roof repair!




Today was a beautiful day - the sky was gorgeous and this white ribbon of cloud was so pretty!

And if you want to read a beautiful blog post today, stop by and visit Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist. I promise you'll leave her blog feeling magical!


5 comments:

A New England Life said...

I thought you just had a new roof put on? No? Or was it just repaired? $195 isn't chicken feed that's for sure!

My dads saying: "It isn't instant pudding ya know!" among about a hundred others. lol!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Fun score on the bunko win! We only have liability at the moment...believe me if we could repair it we would. It is not a safety issue. THanks, cherry

The Muse said...

oh golly..th money comes in ..the money goes out...
bummer!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my goodness! it sounds like the roofers forgot their nice gesture. what is up with that?
what a beautiful photo!
xo
melissa

Nancy and the fatties said...

Well maybe that was just the TIP the roofers were billing you for!!! holy cow!
okay I'm gonna scooch over and visit this blog that is going to uplift my spirits now. ; )
xxooo