Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And To Think It Was Free!

Can you guess where I spent three hours today?

Paperwork (why?? when you've been going there for almost 20 years??) . . . . . . nudity . . . . . . . smashed . . . . . . .weighed . . . . . . finger pricked . . . . . . . pee in a cup . . . . . .lift and separated . . . . . . blood drawn . . . . . . wait, wait, wait, wait . . . . . scanned.

No pictures necessary . . . . . . . you know the drill!

I'm happy to report that my bones are not deteriorating. I'll know whether my boobs are in perfect condition when my self-addressed envelope comes back to me.

And I didn't have a co-pay today! There was a credit on my account. All that fun and it didn't cost a dime!

The waiting room was packed, and I felt so sorry for the older gentleman next to me. He got so bored, he started reading Soap Opera Digest!

And there was the girl sitting across from me who just had an ultrasound and found out the sex of her baby. She was calling several people to tell them, and she made them guess, so I never heard the result.

And there was the rude guy whose cell phone rang like an alarm . . . . . . . so many men in the waiting room today!

It is great to get all that taken care of in one trip . . . . . . . and when my doc mentioned getting that other test done, he was nice enough to say I wasn't that old, but I should get it done this year. I'll tell you right now, unlike Katie Couric, there will be no filming, and I'd better be totally asleep!


7 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
good job getting that all done. i am always happy when the dr. day is over. it is so important to do.

xo
melissa

Candy Girl said...

Hi from one Kentuckian blogger to another! Keep up the good work!

Pegasus said...

What! Now pictures???!!! What a day! At least your tests were routine. As for the "other" test...not so bad, really. Been there...done that. :0)

Darlene said...

Oh gosh....I hate getting all that "stuff" done but you know we have to so we stay healthy! I'm not quite to the age for the "other" test either but it will only be a few more years..ugg

A New England Life said...

You reminded me that I need to have a physical too. And a breast exam. I'm too young for the other test. Yahoo!!! But I would want to be 'out' too.

Glad to know you are nice and healthy Laura : ) I know how much that means to you after your mom. Now just make sure you stay that way!

I always feel the need to treat myself after a physical. lol!

Sharon

The Muse said...

Well high five for the health results of 20 yr old...wait, the doc said you weren't that old , right? LOL

Starchy said...

Good for you for getting that done! I'm cracking up over the guy reading Soap Opera Digest!