Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Things That Go Wii

This will be unbelievable to you, but we don't own, nor have we ever owned, any of the following:

XaviXPORT
Microsoft - Xbox, 360, Rockband
Sony - Playstation, PS1, PS2, PS3
Panasonic 3DO Interactive, 3DO FZ-10
SNK NEO-GEO
NEC - Turbo Grafx 16, Turbo Duo
Sega - Master System, Genesis, Master System II, Genesis 2, 32X, CDX, Saturn, Genesis 3, Dreamcast
Nintendo Entertainment System - regular, super, Model 2, 64, Gamecube, Wii
Mattel Intellivision - I, II
Zircon Channel F System II
Bally Professional Arcade
Coleco Telstar - Classic, Combat, Alpha, Colortron, Arcade, Gemini
Atari - Video Pinball, Stunt Cycle, VCS2600, 400, 2600 Junior, 7800, Jaguar
RCA Studio II
Fairchild Channel F
Wonder Wizard 7702
Atari PONG - regular, super, 5200,
Magnavox - Odyssey, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 2000, 3000, 4000, Odyssey (squared)

The thing to own when I was growing up was Barbie and her pink car! Here is what when wheeeew back in my Dad's day.


These are two of his toy trucks from the 1930's. They were made by a company called Structo. The green one was a mail truck, and was run by battery - which is still attached to the truck! The red one looks like some type of fire truck to me.

Here's hoping that 2009 brings an opportunity for all of us - kids included - to be more creative, and to use our brains to make this world a better place!

Thanks to my blog readers - I appreciate you, and hope you'll follow me throughout the new year!


10 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

That is pretty surprising. You mean you missed out on Pong? lol I think I should never have owned them either...I find myself becoming video game addicted which is pretty sad for an old lady! I hope you have a great New Years Eve...and I hope 2009 is the best year ever! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

happy new year laura!
xoxoxo
m & e

Darlene said...

The new video games are really fun...you should try one. We got the Wii for Christmas and have been up and playing it constantly. More movement than I have had in a long time....lol

Those vintage toys are really neat!!! That sewing machine Santa bought you looks really nice!

I want to wish you and your family a wonderful New Year's! I am so glad we "met" in the blogging world. See you in 2009!

A New England Life said...

Laura, you better take those toys to the Antique Road Show the next time their in town. Have you looked them up to see if they're worth anything? What special toys to have of your dads. It seems you have so many special memories of your parents.

We don't have a lot of games but we do have a couple. I wouldn't ever buy them but Brent thinks the girls have to have them because everyone else does. All the kids, including Brent, love guitar hero. I just can't get into that stuff. The computer is my electronic of choice ; )

Happy New Year!

Sharon

Saucy said...

I must confess we are gaming geeks around here, I play with the kids (Guitar Hero and Rockstar) and I even have a game or two on my own computer. If you ever played Bejeweled, you'd be hooked. Some games are good for your brain! Just some.

Nancy and the fatties said...

LOL - we never owned any of those either though I confess now that I am old and married Carlos has a few tecchy games in his little TV room. I try to avoid them at all costs. Love the blue background and holiday photos, Laura! Enjoy that new sewing machine and Howie said to tell Newman howdee to his partnerkitty in krime.
xxxooo

Starchy said...

I never owned any of those either! But I did have anything and everything Barbie! ha!

Happy New Year! I hope you have a wonderful new year filled with lots of happy surprises and everything you're hoping for.

Hipmomofboyz said...

you might be missing out on some of the cool new video games! I do love the sewing machine that Santa got you, way too cool!
I hope you have a Happy New Years!

Doreen said...

Girl -- you better practice up at Incredible Dave's. I think in September the Red Hots will be playing some Wii. We can't let Sharon be the only star. hahaha

D

The Muse said...

Great great post...ah the days of simplicity!