Friday, December 12, 2008

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Ho, ho, ho, it's gonna snow! That is what I used to hear many years ago when one of the neighbors would dress like Santa Claus. He walked down the middle of the road with that booming voice, and would stop to visit all the neighbor kids. His wife would do his make-up, and his own son didn't recognize him!

Santa is magical indeed, and I knew that I wanted to keep my parents' Santa collection when I went through all their Christmas decor. Since their Santas were the easiest decorations to get to this year, that is about all I have set out. We decided against a tree because of a five month old kitty named Newman - and yes, most of the time, we say his name just like Jerry Seinfeld did on his show!

Enjoy the Santa show - the first and last picture are from my collection!








And in looking through all the pictures my parents had of me, I only found one photo of me with Santa - my current avatar. I was smiling, so I must have liked that big guy. I'm sure I was asking for Barbie and her pink car!

5 comments:

Nancy and the fatties said...

Hi Laura - did you get the Barbie and her pink car? ; )
happy howlidays to you and the kitties!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
hug newman for me! i always crack up when you describe how you say his name.
:) xo
melissa

Femin Susan said...

Hello……
This is amazing!! I am so glad to found your blog!
You are welcomed to my blog…….
Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

Darlene said...

Your Santa's are all just GORGEOUS!!!

A New England Life said...

What a nice collection of Santa's! Every time you look at them I'm sure you are reminded of your mom and dad : )

It always sounds like you had such a magical childhood Laura.