Monday, December 1, 2008

Funny How That Works!

Why is it when you live in a big city there is something appealing about going to a small town to shop? And I think the reverse is true too!

On Saturday, Ted and I went to Corydon, Indiana, for their Light Up Corydon event. We went way before the lights were going to be turned on and didn't plan to stay for that - just to do some shopping!

This is the kind of shop that screams my name!

It was crammed full of the most adorable things. The mantle was a little busy for my taste, but it sure was festive!

I love shops that have windows all decorated for Christmas. This is another shop that was super cute and full of goodies!

They were giving free buggy rides, and most of the shops offered discounts for the event.

Theses carolers were singing in one of the shops where I found a couple of gifts!

The picture from yesterday's Speechless Sunday was on the ride home. It is the skyline of Louisville taken from the front seat of the car going 65 miles an hour.

I still don't have any decorations up yet. We aren't going to attempt a tree this year. If you're wondering why - take one look to the right at the white kitty named Newman.

'Nuf said . . . . . . .

11 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh how fun!
you and i have so much in common! i love those stores too. hug newman for me!
xo
melissa

Cherry's Jubilee said...

OHHHHHH what fun! That is my kinda of store too. What did you find? cherry

Laura said...

Cherry's Jubilee:

I found a Willow Tree figurine for a friend, my hubby bought me a purse and also a very cool oilcloth type hanging banner that is painted with cats and says "A Feline Loving Family" (another gift for me!). I also found a vintage Christmas apron at an antique mall!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I love quaint little places like that! Mr. Farklepants just put up the outside lights and decor this weekend, in his words "for Jesus".

Mikki said...

What cute, quaint shops!! I would have a blast going through them.

Vanessa said...

I love little shops too! Why can't we want they have WalMart be quaint and little and fun. I would like to go there more if it was!

Vanessa said...

That didn't make sense! i meant to say:" why can't Wal Mart be quaint, little and fun." Duh.

Liz said...

I understand about the tree. Animals and trees do not mix most of the time!

nikkicrumpet said...

I love little towns that have the darling shops. Near here it's Northampton Mass...it is the funnest shopping because you can find unique things none of the big stores have. Glad you had a great day. And I remember the days with cats and Christmas trees. We bough all unbreakable ornaments for years!

EllynAnne said...

Laura, hey! I'm trying to reach you. You have won a vintage apron from my collection in the National Tie One On Day giveaway. Please contact me with your mailing info.

xxEllynAnne
www.apronmemories.com

A New England Life said...

Jeesh Laura, first the earrings, now an apron . . . you are on a roll! And not to mention the Christmas decoration from the Redhots!

What a nice day it looks like you and Ted had. He is so good about doing that stuff. Brent is too. Gotta love a guy who doesn't mind going shopping with his wife : )

I thought for sure Phin would terrorize the tree but he didn't pay much attention to it. Of course he rarely climbs on the table either. You got yourself a wild one! lol!