Monday, December 8, 2008

Darn It!

For some reason when my husband puts on a pair of socks, and they look like this . . . . . .

. . . . . . . like they did this morning . . . . . . . he is under the impression that I will/can/want to fix them!

I've tried to explain that women like me don't darn socks - we buy a new pair when a hole shows up! I also tell him that if I fixed them, he wouldn't like it because he would feel the clumped up bunch at the toe, and he would tell me to buy a new pair, and then I would have spent all that time fixing them when they end up going in the garbage can!

But you know how men have to learn the hard way. So, I'll say darn you socks as I stitch them up the best I can.

And tomorrow, these babies will be deep sixed!

7 comments:

Doreen said...

Hahahaha You made me laugh but it is so true. He has probably seen his mother fix his Dad's socks. When Jeff asked me about fixing his socks I just would toss them and go buy another pair. He only wore black socks so he couldn't tell besides after her would ask me to fix them he completely forgot about them. I think you need to put lumps and bumps at that big toe. He'll never ask again. hahaha Darn it!

D

A New England Life said...

I do NOT darn socks! They go directly to the trash can. Good for Ted trying to be thrifty though ; )

nikkicrumpet said...

Well I'm impressed you even tried. Me...I would have heated up my glue gun!!!

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I know Tom has asked about fixing socks in the past. Are you kidding me!? What century do they live in?
The other day Tom told Laura that sheets were cheap! As far as I know he hasn't bought sheets since he was in college, and I bet his mom bought them! Phyllis

Pegasus said...

Amen, Sister!! What you said!!

Funny thing is, I have my grandmother's old darning egg...and nobody knows what it's for! LOL
:0)
Peggy

Boogers, Hondo, Fido from Catster said...

See what you do is, buy another pair, and when one of the two NEW ones get a hole? TADA! You now have a matching set, sans holes :)

Mikki said...

How funny, I was thinking of darning socks the other day. I DON'T do it, but I remember my mom doing it when I was growing up. SHe'd stick a light bulb inside the toe of the sock, and then sew it up.