Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And They Called It Puppy Love . . . . . .

The Top 25 Teen Idols of All Time list came out last week. Number nine on the list is Donny and Marie Osmond.

Today is Donny's birthday - we were born the same year. Maybe that is why I've always been a fan.

Oh sure, the Red Hots tease me - Donny Osmond? But I know they secretly sing Puppy Love in the shower! One of the Red Hots even took a photo of the giant picture of Donny and Marie on the side of one of the hotels in Vegas when she was there. I'd love to go see them perform!


How could you not be a fan? Look at the bone structure, great hair, and nice body! And Marie ain't half bad looking either since she got in shape after Dancing with the Stars!


I didn't start purchasing his CDs until older Donny. Unlike Elvis, Donny improved with age! Come to think of it, it doesn't take much to improve with age when you grew up in the 70's!

Happy Birthday, Donny! You're Number 1 on my Top 25 Teen Idol list!

7 comments:

Hipmomofboyz said...

I just wanted to say thinking you for thinking of me during my surgery.
hipmomofboyz

Vanessa said...

Will you be jealous if I tell you he lives 15 miles north of me? AND, when I was student teaching in Provo, (Utah) his son and a couple of Marie's kids went there as well.

Happy b.day Donny!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

I love him too..I loved watching their show when I was little. cherry

Pegasus said...

oh, he's ok. ;0) I guess he looks pretty good.
Peggy

Boy Mom said...

Donny has aged well.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'll be back.

Nancy and the fatties said...

Laura, my sisters and I were HUGELY crushing on Donny when we were young. We had the posters and everything. Remember the poster where he is blowing a bubblegum bubble and there is a this cheesy paragraph called "You are Kissing Donny..."???? When I lived in Orange County, CA, I saw him jogging one day. It was him!!! DONNEEEEE!!!!!! okay, getting ahold of myself now...

Mikki said...

He spoke to my seminary class when I was in the 9th grade. He was even better looking in person.
He told a funny story about meeting Boy George, and how Boy George told him he liked his genes/jeans.