Friday, December 5, 2008

All That Glitters!

Saucy over at bloggedy blog blog recently got together with a group of blogging gals, and they made the most adorable Christmas charm bracelets. Being someone who always finds herself saying, I can do that, decided that yep, I will do that!

So, I gathered any chotsky stuff I had laying around, and then I hit Michaels and the Dollar Tree for other mini ornaments. Michaels had theirs 50% off - woo hoo!

And then you make a big mess on the kitchen island because isn't that what the kitchen island is for - crafts? I think it is way more fun than using the island for cooking. And don't think I can't hear you saying, I thought you made a craft room out of the spare bedroom?

I did, and it is full of fabric for cat beds and aprons! I think the entire house should be one huge craft station. The dining room table is full of fleece, so I'm on the way to total house conversion!

You can't be called a true crafts gal if you don't have glitter shining from all corners of your home! And it helps to use one of these lighted magnifying helpers - not that I'm old enough to really need it!

And it also helps to have these nearby for when you feel pain in your fingers from working on all those little charms! Kisses in any variety helps with pain.
Here is the finished bracelet. I should have put it on my left hand because trying to take a picture of it using my left hand on the camera whose clicky button is on the right side was quite a feat!
If you live in the Louisville area, tomorrow is the greatest craft show EVER! A bunch of friends go every year, and then we have lunch together. It is at Ballard High School and starts at 10:00 a.m. You don't want to miss it!



10 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!

i love your bracelet! you are so talented! is there anything you cannot do?

xo
melissa

Vanessa said...

If only I lived in Louisville!

A New England Life said...

I KNEW if anyone was going to make this bracelet it would be YOU! LOL!

I actually thought about it but I didn't see much of anything to use at our dollar store so I let it slide.

Have fun at the craft fair tomorrow! You have such a great girlfriendy life!

Mikki said...

That is SO cute!! I love it. Great post, you had me chuckling all the way through it.

Pegasus said...

That is SO adorable!!
Peggy

Nancy and the fatties said...

I admire you Laura, somehow I bet you had all sorts of little paws trying to help while you were making this! how many kisses do you have left?
thank you for the award. Howie is very proud to receive it. : )
xxxoooo

Anonymous said...

WOW! You're so crafty!!!

Boogers and his mommy Sam :)

nikkicrumpet said...

I am totally in LOVE with your bracelet! And have you tried the new hershey kisses...the white chocolate candy cane ones...OH YUMMO! And I'm up for that pet swap anytime lol

One Wired Woman said...

That is the cutest bracelet!! I am making one... today!! Maybe I'll post it this week. This is my kind of charm bracelet. :) ~Jill

The Pumpkin Pink Cottage said...

that is so pretty,,,great job I love it...L