Monday, November 17, 2008

Who's Finding the Cure?

Do you think they really want to find a cure for the common cold? There are a lot of other more important diseases that need cures, but wouldn't you think some scientist dude would want to have that on his resume?

If you think about it, why would they want to cure the cold? There is waaaaaay toooooo much money to be made in the drug industry! Have you seen all the choices - AM, PM, DM? It's enough to make your head spin!

Which is what mine did all day yesterday! Thanks to a little drug called Mucinex DM. Now, I've used regular Mucinex before and it seemed to help. But when faced with the choices of the different initials, I thought I'd give the DM a try! After all, expectorant and cough suppressant in one has to be a good thing, right?

WRONG!

What does the DM stand for, you ask?

Damn Medicine
Drug Malfunction
Dizzy Mama
Dopey Me

I've never had a drug allergy before, but this was a weird sensation - dizzy but not fall down dizzy, weird feeling in my eyes, prickly feeling in my forehead. I got a little scared when my eyes started swelling last night. I wasn't sure if that was from the DM or the lack of antihistimine since I was just taking a decongestant.

And while where on the drug subject, I'd like to thank all those idiot meth users who have totally ruined the life of an allergy sufferer! No longer can I get a month's supply of allergy medicine at a time. No longer can I have one allergy medicine on hand, and be able to get another type when I need it because I'm not eligible yet - only so many mg. per day or some ridiculous formula. I've been made to feel like a criminal when I have to ask a friend to buy medicine for me!

So, I'm off the DM and back to feeling more normal!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Amen! Try being the pharmacist (my husband) that has to check id, keep tabs and worry about getting held up for sudafed. . .well, that and oxycodone.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura

oh crappy. i am so sorry you felt sick on the medicine. i am so glad you are feeling better today!
xo
melissa

A New England Life said...

As if having a cold isn't bad enough. Throw a bad drug reaction on top of it and you feel 10 times worse! The absolute worst is when you're exhausted and sick so you take some meds, and they keep you up ALL night long!

BTW . . . where's the tea? Did you get the tea? Have you tried the tea? Are you drinking the tea? Buy the dang tea! lol!

Andria is home today too, sick as a dawg. She won't drink the tea :/

Hipmomofboyz said...

I am so sorry you had a reaction. The worst is when you feel sooooooo bad and all you want to do is sleep and the meds keep you wired and up all night.
I hope you are feel better, today.

Doreen said...

Your friend doesn't mind. I hope you feel better soon.

D