Monday, October 27, 2008

They Come in Pairs!

My neighbors are in Finland to attend a cousin's wedding - I know, can you believe someone would travel all the way to Finland for a wedding? They took their two children with them, put their two dogs in the pet hotel, and asked me if I could come over and take care of the two cats.

This is Albert. He is the shy one, but I think they are lonely without all the commotion that normally takes place, so he is ready for some petting when I stop by.

This is Spencer. He was just diagnosed with a thyroid problem, so he needs to take 1/2 pill twice a day. When I asked his Mom whether she uses Pill Pockets, she said he takes the pill fine in a piece of cheese.

Well, he may take the pill fine for her, but he has a knack of just eating the cheese and spitting out the pill for me. A few times I had to just open his mouth and throw the pill in. Tonight I took over one of my pill pockets, and he swallowed that pill perfectly! He was also very interested in Ted's apple.

If he could talk, I'm sure he was thanking Ted for sharing the apple as he smacked his lips!

Albert and Spencer are considered Tuxedo cats. Tuxedo cats are black with white limited to the paws, belly, chest, throat, and possibly the chin. I know they will be happy to have their family come home tomorrow night!


9 comments:

Mikki said...

Cute kitties.
Those pill pockets are pretty cool. I'll have to remember them if I ever need to medicate my kitty.

Liz said...

So cute! You're neighbors are lucky to have your help!

Jenn: said...

Oooh, Finland IS a long way off! Cute Tux kitties, though.

I have never had a cat take a pill for me. Ever. One kitty even bit through my nail to puncture the nail bed underneith.

John has to be Mr Meannie with the meds.

A New England Life said...

I agree with you Laura, Pillpockets are awesome! Luna is a horror when it comes to medicine but with Pillpockets she'll take it with no problem. Glad you worked it out. Wait until you tell your neighbor.

I'll bet Spencer is wishing you would stay around a while longer ; )

Starchy said...

Aw, they are soooooo cute! I know they've loved having you for a sitter. And yeah. A wedding in FINLAND? I'd have to force myself to go to a wedding next door.

sillygrrl said...

what cuties!
greenies.com or .ca are giving away samples of their pill pockets & treats...

Boogers, Hondo, Fido from Catster said...

Seriously, you need a black/white tuxedo cat to add to your family :) How nice of you to take care of their cats while they're away!

Pegasus said...

Beautiful cats. I'd never heard the term "tuxedo cats" before.
:0)

Whataslacker.com said...

Pill Pockets are great (and so is www.CatToys.com (love that store)).

My kitty Abby was on an antibiotic for a month and by the end she got sick of the pillpockets, but boy did it make the rest of the time stress free (for her and me).