Thursday, October 23, 2008

Success!

As God is my witness it's not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never have to go into another shoe store! No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill, as God is my witness, I'll never shop for shoes with my mother-in-law again!

After looking on-line at Zappos.com for shoes, I decided to take her today to the Zappos outlet. It is quite a drive, but when you're on a mission like I was, distance means nothing!

She tried on a gazillion pairs, and FINALLY found two pair (size 5). Okay, they're both black, but who can't use another pair of black shoes? I bought one pair that I'm giving her for a Christmas present. Everything in the store is 50% off, and the designer shoes are 70% off. What a deal!

Mission accomplished!




7 comments:

A New England Life said...

I know it must be challenging but you're a good daughter inlaw, Laura. At least she was finally able to get some shoes that fit because you persevered.

Hopefully you bought enough to last a life time!

Doreen said...

Good going. Brooke loves going to Zappos. Did you have a coupon? I think they have a big tent sale this weekend. If ever you do Zappos again give Brooke a call for the inside scoop. I'm sure you made her day. : )
D

Mikki said...

whooHoo!! I thought it was curtains for sure after yesterdays post!

Laura said...

Doreen - I didn't have a coupon. I hadn't been to Zappos in a couple of year - I was amazed at the size of the store now. I'll be going back, and taking Ted with me!

Sandy said...

A Zappo's outlet? Within driving distance? Color me positively chartreuse. And I know -- oh, how I know -- about older women who are a bit...shall we say set in their ways? And great dress!

Nancy and the fatties said...

You are brilliant! I have heard of Zappos, are they as wonderful as they say? Do you think I could get there by Sunday if I start driving now?
:)

Aiyana said...

Great finds..! Got my shoes right after a day I placed the order and of course I paid nothing for the shipping. Obviously, they are really catching my heart even that was my first order in Zappos.