Monday, October 20, 2008

Scenes From A Road Trip and 1,000 Questions!

Just sharing a few pictures from our road trip yesterday to get Ted's Mom. It is a five hour drive to her house, so we drove three hours and met her, Ted's brother, and his aunt at the Huntington Mall to make the switch!


This is about as good as the leaves get around here due to the fact that we haven't had a good frost yet! It was a beautifully sunny day for a drive.

Welcome to wild and wonderful West Virginny!

I'm all about a good mall - too bad we only had time for lunch!

We ate at Ruby Tuesday's. Mother-in-law in the middle, and her older sister on the right. Both are about a petite size 4 and are constantly worried about the way they look.

Ted's younger brother, Dave, on the right. Yep, this is about as good a smile as you get from him. He is always the life of the party. I think he maybe said 6 words the entire visit. I think he has probably said 15 words to me the entire 22 years I've been in the family. Hmmmm, wonder why he isn't married?

Always good to see that Kentucky sign - Unbridled Spirit - we're a bunch of wild horses in this state!

And now on to a new feature for the week - something I'd like to call: A Random Sampling of the 1,000 Questions I've Been Asked Before 9:00 in the Morning!

1. Do you have a flatter pillow?
2. What is the weather outside this morning?
3. Did Ted leave, I didn't hear the garage door go up?
4. Do you still hear the trains because I didn't hear them last night. My hearing isn't too good anymore. (yeah, I noticed!)
5. Do you want me to let the dog out?
6. Is this a new microwave?
7. Did you get a new shower curtain?
8. Have you seen any deer in the backyard lately?
9. What's the weather outside this morning? (yeah, I know we already had that question, but we're gonna have it again, okay?)
10. What time did the kitty get you up this morning?
11. You buy that huge bottle of Softsoap?


And how is your day going?





5 comments:

Doreen said...

hehehe. Are you counting the days? You know we will be the same way when we get that age. I just hope I look that good when I'm older.

D
I love the picture of you in the car mirror.

Pegasus said...

at? Only 11 questions???? Surely you can come up with more than that! LOL This was TOO funny! Can't wait for more. Sadly, makes me kinda miss my own folks. Enjoy it while you can; chuckle while you make fun too.

Love all the photos!!
:0)
Peggy

Mikki said...

So, Laura, what's your sanity level at right now? LOL
How long is your guest staying? Hope it's not toooooo loooong!

Guess what my girls and I are doing tonight? It involves Halloween themed cupcakes and Spooking some neighbors!!

Hipmomofboyz said...

WOw only 11 questions. You could have come up with more ha,ha,..

A New England Life said...

I know it's a challange but knowing you Laura, you will surely rise to it. How is Ted's mom doing?

Jeeze, don't you just hate it when you go by a big Mall that's calling your name but you can't stop??? I feel your pain!

And how is the weather there?