Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lunch with an Online Friend!

I've been a member of Catster for a couple of years. Catster/Dogster is an on-line community for pets. It offers a chance to connect with others who are passionate about their animals, and it's also a place where your pet has their very own webpage for displaying photos and sharing stories. It's a valuable source of information, and the most supportive, loving community of people I've ever met! I love the opportunity to be creative with my animals' pages, and show off their beautiful faces!

So, you can imagine how excited I was when I found out that Simba's Mommy was coming to Louisville for a conference. I met her today for lunch. This is Jen - young, petite, and very pretty! She is on the faculty at Virginia Military Institute in the English Department.


We went to the 4th Street Live area which was right around the corner from her hotel. It was nice to meet someone I felt I already knew because of her involvement with Catster.

When the waitress asked if we wanted dessert, we decided to split a piece of chocolate cake. OH MY CATS - have you ever seen such a chunk of chocolate goodness in your life? We dug into it, and then decided to take a picture - chocolate has that effect on women - eat first, picture later!

Luckily, Jen has a refrigerator in her room, so she will have a midnight snack for the next couple of nights! We had such a nice visit, and we said it would be fun to have Catster conferences around the country so we could meet all our on-line friends in person!

I'm still on the chocolate high three hours later!


5 comments:

Mikki said...

That's pretty cool. That would be fanastic if they had conferences all around. THere are a bunch of wonderful people in the blogosphere I'd love to meet.

Boogers, Hondo, Fido from Catster said...

How great that you two finally got to meet! Looks like you both had a great time! And who could resist chocolate cake!

Starchy said...

Oh that's awesome that you two got to meet! It's so fun meeting online pals in person. I love the idea of a Catster conference.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh how fun!
isn't it amazing how many nice friends we meet on the internet?
your comments always make my day!
xo
melissa

A New England Life said...

How cool Laura! Like when I met Nancy for the first time. It looks like the two of you hit it off wonderfully, even sharing cake! Which by the way looks devine!

Glad you took plenty of pictures as I'm sure it will be a day to remember. Maybe someday we'll meet too. I would really like that : )