Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It Takes Two!

I was jumping around blogland a couple of days ago and came across a pumpkin muffin recipe. Now, I absolutely can't stand pumpkin pie, but I do love a good pumpkin cookie or muffin.

The most attractive part about this recipe? Two ingredients! I apologize for not linking to the original owner of the recipe, but you know how it is when you hop, skip, and jump around in the blogosphere!

Spice cake and a can of pumpkin - couldn't get much easier than that! Oven at 350 degrees. Mix these two in a bowl and get ready for an arm workout - it is some kind of thick. Bake 15-19 minutes based on how full you fill the paper cupcake thingies. I'm thinking next time it wouldn't hurt to add a little oil or water.

Now, if you want to kick it up a knotch, you can throw in raisins or chopped nuts. I added raisins to mine. And I was thinking the yum factor would be even better with cream cheese icing! Now we're talkin'!

Because the batter is thick, they come out all chunky and uneven looking, but I think they look more homemade this way. I also took them out of those cupcake papers because they are ugly unless you have cute seasonal ones.

Hot from the oven and spread on some butter - it was lunch, and it was yum good! And no, I don't mean the whole plate full was my lunch!

11 comments:

Mikki said...

THose look delicious!! I picked up pumpkin at the store tonight, now I wish I had picked up a spice cake mix too. Darn it!

Jenn: said...

That looks great! I love Pumpkin anything!

You are right. I like the homemade unperfect shape of the finished muffin. It looks like you are in for a treat!

Thanks for this one.

A New England Life said...

Great idea Laura! I'll bet we would love them!

Do you think that maybe a little less than a full can of Pumpkin might work better? I can see why the batter would be so thick with all that Pumpkin. Did you add a struesel topping? Yummy! And Pumpkin is good for you!

I suggest you give out your Blueberry-Lemon Poppyseed bread recipe over the holidays too ; )

ps- How could you hate Pumpkin pie???? I'll bet you would like mine.

Starchy said...

OMC! I love pumpkin muffins! One of the few non-chocolate things I could binge on. I'll have to try this. And until then...I need to go get a pumpkin muffin at lunch.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh those look delicious!
i can smell them baking now. i think i will make some pumpkin butter today.
xo
melissa

Laura said...

Even Ted liked these and he isn't a pumpkin fan. The cream cheese icing on top is good if you like cream cheese. And the smell when these bake is yummy too! A struesel topping would be yummy, Sharon!

One Wired Woman said...

Yummo!! I love making anything with a cake mix!! My kind of cooking!!

Now...

You've been Bloggy Boo-ed!!

Go and pick up your Boo sign from my blog then go and boo more blog friends!!

Boo... Baby Boo!!!!!!!!

~Jill :)

Nancy and the fatties said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
is that creme cheese icing I see there??
*wiping drool*

Megan Kelley Hall said...

Thanks for entering the Mabel's House contest to win my debut suspense novel, SISTERS OF MISERY! Even if you don't win, I hope you get a chance to read and enjoy it!

xoxo
Megan Kelley Hall

P.S. Happy Halloween!!
P.P.S. Yum those muffins really look delicious! :)

Pegasus said...

Oooh, Blueberry-Lemon Poppyseed Bread? Gotta have that one too!

This looks so great AND so easy too!
:0)

HiHoOhio said...

that looks yummy!