Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes!

Today it rained - the first time in three weeks! The only reason I know how long it has been since the last rain is because I've been watering the grass every day for three weeks! Remember that grass we planted? Well, it looks great now, but it has taken a butt load of water - our last water bill was $95! It finally feels like fall! Can we stop the calendar and not head into winter?

Halloween must be getting close. Look at the spider that has taken up residency right at my front door!

Be sure to click on each of these pictures so you can see them full size - check out his hairy body and legs! I'm sure some female spider thinks that is sexy, but he creeps me out!

I do think their webs are amazing - so delicate, yet sticky enough to capture their dinner! I'd like to put a web up in this kitchen and magically capture dinner!

Don't you hate it when you walk into a spider web, and you just know the spider is somewhere in your hair! That creeps me out too . . . . . . . .


5 comments:

Doreen said...

What a great post -- my favorite singer of all time and my favorite place -- Kentucky. I don't care if it's a cold Kentucky rain. Miss ya.

Doreen

A New England Life said...

Is is 'butt load' or 'boat load'? LOL! At least you have a day off from your watering responsibilities!

I looked at the first picture close up. That was enough for me! What I really hate is when I find a BIG spider in the house! That really freaks me out! Luckily it doesn't happen too often. The webs are a true work of art.

Mikki said...

That thing looks huge!!!
I too would much rather find them outside than inside, but right outside the front door is still a little too close for comfort. I don't mind those little jumping spiders, or daddy longlegs, but ones like that one would totally freak me out!!
Their webs are truly amazing. I saw some spectacular pictures the other day on someone else's blog that showed a couple webs covered with ice. They were gorgeous!

Nancy and the fatties said...

We like Texas spiders cuz they eat gigantic Texas skeeters. Sharon, yes, that is skeeters, not mosquite-toes... ; ) I think you are ready for halloween, Laura. You have real live creepy crawlies in residence.

sillygrrl said...

Oh I LOVE spiders! They are just so fascinating! I let them walk on me and everything...