Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Howl-o-ween!



This witch reminds me of the old lady who lived next door when I was little. She always made candied apples for Halloween. She made you come in the house to get your candy apple. And I think I had to answer a million questions before I got it.

Ted had a similar old lady in his neighborhood. She gave out popcorn balls. And you had to come in the house and answer a million questions first. All he wanted to do was get around the neighborhood at least twice before he had to get home.

Ahhh, the good 'ole days!

I'll be the witch sitting on the front porch handing out candy tonight. Of course, it all has to be wrapped candy because of the idiots who spoiled Halloween. And the kids will all be accompanied by their parents because of the idiots who spoiled Halloween. And you can't ask too many personal questions because of the paranoid parents.

And the kids will try to con me out of more than what I give them. Because trick-or-treaters on Halloween never change - no matter what the year!




P.S. If you're a kid living in Florida, you'll want to definitely stop by my friend's house for some of her awesome candy!

8 comments:

Doreen said...

Hahaha
You forgot the part where you dumped all your candy on the floor and sorted it. Good stuff and ok stuff. aahhh -- the good old days.

D

Lemon Annie said...

Thanks for following and commenting on my blog! Yours is darling. I am glad I have found a new friend.

A New England Life said...

Let's not forget the trading Doreen! Kids still love to trade their candy with each other.

What a cute post Laura. And you look darling in the little plaid coordinated outfit. It must have been a cold Halloween that year! I remember wearing my snowmobile jacket when I used to go trick or treating. Now the kids wear next to nothing because it might ruin the look of the costume!

Cute decorations too! Welcome to my Website ... lol!

Sharon

Mikki said...

Ah, the good ol' days. I remember going around with just my brothers, and my parents didn't have to check the candy first--well, if they did, it was to confiscate some for themselves first! LOL
Hope you had a great evening!!

Nancy and the fatties said...

How did it go Laura? Did you have enough candy? Did you make all the poor kids answer tons of questions?
; )
xxoooo

Jenn: said...

I am with Sharon. I was a lil shocked at some of the revealing/suggestive costumes on SMALL girls!!
Am I getting old or is this just a wierd trend?

Pegasus said...

Love that photo of you...is that all you in there?? Very cute! :0)

Pegasus said...

What gets me is the older kids who don't even bother with costumes...they just bring those huge pillow cases and expect to fill them! Fortunately, we only had 2 of those. Most of the older kids that came had great costumes so I didn't even mind giving them the goodies.
:0)