Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Cowboy!

One look at all the pictures of him back in the day, and there is no doubt what he wanted to be when he grew up! Sorry, honey, some dreams never come true, but hopefully we can live out west again one day to get closer to that cowboy way of living! Happy Birthday to my favorite cowboy/sheriff/good guy/marshall!

When he turned the big 5-0, I threw a big 'ole, rootin' tootin' cowboy bash for him! Dang, he is hot in a pair of boots!


I always tease him about the huge forehead he had as a little kid. I think he needed it to pack in all the years of school and knowledge about stuff way to complicated for my brain!

Check out the sofa and lamp! Believe it or not, those end tables are still around - not at my house, thank you very much!



Wow, this hat hung around for a long time!


This video is especially for him - he says teaching at a university is a lot like herding cats!




Happy 54th birthday! You're the best thing that has happened in my life, and I love you to pieces!

13 comments:

sillygrrl said...

Ahhh, I love this post! Awesome photos too!
A big hug to the birthday (cow)boy!

Doreen said...

Happy B-Day cowboy. I remember Ted's 50th. We were standing in your kitchen and his Dad played his harmonica. Special moment.

D

Sandy said...

Happy birthday to Ted.

Pegasus said...

Love those photos!!! Ted hasn't changed a bit! Has it been 4 years since that rootin' tootin' party?? Wow! Time does fly...right out the window!

That has to be one of the funniest clips I've seen in a long time!

Happy B-Day, Ted!
:0)
Peggy

A New England Life said...

What a wonderful post! Happy Birthday Ted!!!

I'll bet that was on fun party! I love all the pictures of Ted as a boy. They're priceless! He definitely was a rootin' tootin' cowboy : )

Hope the two of you had a nice Birthday dinner.

Mikki said...

Happy Birthday to your hunny!!
Love all those pictures of him. So cute!

Emily said...

Those photos are delightful!

My son wants to be a cowboy, so I have decorated his room as such and had a ball with it. We have had cowboy birthday parties too-- they are some rootin' tootin' fun!

Emily said...

And oh Laura, I had to say that even though we are not allowed to have pets at our house (My oldest is SO allergic to pets with hair. Boo hoo.) My youngest son Ben thinks he really is a cat. He meows for no reason. This has been going on for a good 3 years. Sometimes he gets so into character that he wants to eat off of the floor... and that's where I draw the line!

We call him "baby kitty" Josh has even tought him tricks and he likes to be scratched behind the ears. ;)

Laura said...

Emily - How nice to have a boy/cat all rolled into one! LOL!

pinkstilettos said...

Where abouts are you in Kentucky. I am a KY girl also. We live in louisville. Love your photos and hope Ted had a great birthday! Daisy~

Nancy and the fatties said...

congrats on your birthday boy Laura!

Hipmomofboyz said...

I love the pictures. Happy B day cowboy...

One Wired Woman said...

Happy Birthday Ted the Cowboy!! These photos are great!! ~Jill :)