Friday, October 24, 2008

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Organized!

If you were to ask me to describe myself in a few words, one of those would be organized. At least I used to be. The past two years have been anything but organized due to my parents' both passing away last year.

Now that all that stress, worry, and work is behind me, I decided that I needed to be more ready for the holidays than I was last year.

So, I'm here to help you with a really cool, personalized Christmas gift! Do you know about Shutterfly? I am totally sold on their quality products! Last year, at the last minute, I made some calendars and was so impressed with them that I will continue that tradition for a long time!

What I especially love about Shutterfly is the offers they have throughout the year - and - the more items you order, the more freebie stuff they give you! Right now, the calendars are buy one, get one 50% off!

My order was delivered today. I ordered 4 calendars. Here is the greatest part about making calendars at Shutterfly.

1. You can choose however many photos you want for each month.
2. You pick the background and the layout style of the photos.
3. You can add captions to the photos if you want.
4. You can add personalized items on the calendar section - birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
5. If you make a second calendar - all those personalized dates you added are still there (even from year to year) - and all you have to do is check which ones you want on the second calendar!


What I like to do on the calendar I make for myself is to use pictures from events that happened in that month of the previous year. When I'm looking at June 2009, it will have photos from June, 2008 - it's a fun way to remember special events throughout the year.

I also made my Christmas cards from Shutterfly. And the main reason I did them now - they have a special going on - buy 50 cards, get 25 free!

I can't show you the card because that would spoil the anticipation that my friends have about my non-traditional Christmas cards!

When my order arrived today, there were freebies - woo hoo! I can get four free greeting cards because I'm on their nice list! If I order a set of designer cards by November, I can get a free 8 x 10 print!

Some of these early holiday specials end next week, so what are you waiting for? Get over there and get organized!



4 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh what wonderful calendars and cards!
i love shutterfly too. i make their photo books several times a year. i even made a Langer Family cookbook this year with family pictures and recipes. everyone loved it and it was so easy to do and share with the whole family
great recommendation!
melissa

Mikki said...

Thanks for the recommedation! I'll definitely have to check them out.

Doreen said...

Dang you are organized this year. I love your Christmas cards and I can't believe you have it covered up. I need a hint. As I've said before -- you are the most creative person I know.

D

Jenn: said...

I agree that shutterfly has some fun gifts!
We use a calender comprised completely of Lancelot pictures, and we get all excited when we get to turn it over, because we hope the next one has one of his kitten pictures on it!
And I make the photobooks as well. A little pricey, but the quality is excellent and I wait for the 30% off sales.
Great idea, Melissa, about the familoy cookbook!!