Monday, October 6, 2008

BCAM!

Samoa, Gleek, and Calvin are all decked out in pink to remind you that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month! Please remember to get your annual mammogram, and more importantly, do your regular monthly self-exams!


One of my friends did the 3-day cancer walk in Washington DC this past weekend which benefits the Susan G. Komen foundation. Congratulations, Sue Lyn for walking 60 miles!

Cancer has been a part of my family for a long time. My Mom was a two time breast cancer survivor - 25 years apart. She also survived ovarian cancer. Her twin sister died from ovarian cancer. I also have an aunt and several cousins who are breast cancer survivors.

Every October, several friends and I participate in our local Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. One day we'll have to find another cause to take up because a breast cancer cure will be found! I hope I see that day!

Do you participate in a cancer walk? Think pink this month!


6 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

what a great post laura!
xo
melissa

Mikki said...

Great reminder!
I love those pictures, particularly the last one. Love that hot pink hair. What good kitties!!

One Wired Woman said...

Oh the pink wig!! Me likey!! I have a friend that just walked in the Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure. Such a neat experience for her.

Nancy and the fatties said...

What an important cause, Laura, especially for your family. The kitties are so cute in their pink.

A New England Life said...

60 miles? Way to go Sue Lyn!

Nice job Calvin, Samoa, and Gleek showing your pink side ; )

Good luck Laura with the walk! I love that you are always so active with friends and good causes!!!

A New England Life said...

I almost forgot ... Samoa has the cutest little bottom pink lip ever!