Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Table for Two!

My strip job unveiled this solid oak table! However, we're not done yet. It's time to get power tools involved!

And wherever you find power tools, you find a man who likes to use them. There is something sexy about a man who knows his way around a sander!

And it's a good thing that I've got a man who likes to sand in 90+ degree weather - he did an awesome job!

Next up - a little natural stain. I took this picture, and then took over the stain job. I could tell it was going to take way too long for Mr. Perfection to finish. Plus, I couldn't let him do all the work!

Here is the finished, stained table top. We're going to add some polyurethane, and we still have the base and legs to finish.


A project always takes more than one weekend!


6 comments:

Doreen said...

WOW That's a beautiful table. Great deal for $35. Good job

D

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
wow! is that the same table? that is amazing! you two could have your own show on HGTV!
heee!
what a great team!
melissa

Mikki said...

looks fabulous!!! Great job.
I guess that's why I don't start many projects. I like them done NOW, and hate having to wait.

A New England Life said...

Laura,
Your table is looking fabulous! You and Ted are such hard workers and you really know a diamond in the rough when you see it. Even my mom was impressed ... and she doesn't impress easily ; )

Great job!

Starchy said...

That table is gorgeous! The cats will love it. :)

Jenn: said...

What an incredible find!! It's gorgeous.

And yes! I can't help but smile and bat my eyelashes at John when he picks up a tool.