Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Knowing People Who Know People!

Our friends Annette and Steve took us to the Sheena Easton concert last weekend as a thank you for something I did to help them out when Annette's Dad passed away this summer.

So, we're at the Palace Theater, and they see some friends who happen to have a daughter that is in the Louisville Orchestra, and another daughter that works for the Louisville Orchestra as their Special Events Coordinator.

The next thing you know, our names are on the list, and I'm feeling pretty cool because I didn't have to do anything to get on the list, and I didn't even know what being on the list was going to get me!

Being on the list meant we were able to go backstage with others on the list for a meet and greet with Sheena Easton! And even better - we got our picture taken with her! OH MY GOSH - start treating me differently - I've put my arms around a real 80's rock star! That is when I also got her autograph that you saw on Sunday's entry.

It pays to know people who know people! Suddenly, I feel like singing a Barbra Streisand song . . . . .

8 comments:

Mikki said...

Cool! That means I king of know a person, who knows a person, who knows a person!!! Maybe I'll start singing too! LOL

Really, very cool that you got to meet Ms. Easton. She still looks great!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

wow laura!
that is so fun! you look so pretty!
:) melissa

Mike Easton said...

Thank you for sharing that picture with Sheena Easton. I'm a fan from Chile, Southamerica.

My Sheena Easton fansite is
http://mikeeaston.multiply.com

Mike Easton said...

Did you take any other pictures from her concert? How was her show?
Could you please tell us, her fans?

Laura said...

Hi Mike! Cameras aren't allowed during a performance, so I didn't even have one with me. I thought she looked amazing. The band was a little loud during a couple of the songs, and it was more difficult to hear her voice. I loved listening to "Almost Over You"!

A New England Life said...

How exciting Laura!

My gosh, she must be really short! I'm guessing 5'1"? I still think she looks better with short hair. Isn't she from Australia, or some place like that?

If you didn't have a camera how did you get the picture?

Laura said...

Sharon - one of the gals from the orchestra took all the pictures and emailed them to us. I would guess she is 5'1" or 5'2" - I'm about 5'5". She is from Scotland.

Starchy said...

Sheena Easton songs...running through head. Flashbacks! One of my favorite CASSETTES. So cool you got to meet her!

*plucking out grey hairs*