Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Do!

I do love a good wedding! Today was the wedding of Miranda and Lee. Lee is the son of one of my BFFs from high school - although when we were in high school, we just called each other best friends - abbreviations hadn't been invented yet.


Doesn't Sherrie, the mother-of-the-groom, look happy? That's because she has both her kids married now! Dianne is my other BFF from high school. We try to get together every month or so to solve all the problems in each other's lives!



This is Sherrie's beautiful daughter and granddaughter! No - we're not old enough to have grandchildren - I swear! But if you're going to be called Grandma, wouldn't you love to hear it from this cutie patootie!


I do love a pretty dress, and the backs of the dresses nowadays are as pretty as the front. This is Sherrie's dress from the back. Ted said he would have gotten in trouble had he taken this picture!


The bride's dress was gorgeous and full of beading!


What a pretty cake! The girls wore a chocolate brown dress with a green ribbon and carried these same flowers in their bouquets.



Best wishes to the happy couple!





8 comments:

A New England Life said...

What a stunning wedding! Everyone is beautiful, including you Laura. The dresses are to die for!

I hope both you and Ted enjoyed yourselves and danced the chicken dance. Or the Macarena. Or a tender slow dance : )

Any pictures of the cake?

Laura said...

I added the cake picture for you, Sharon!

Mikki said...

Looks like it was a lovely wedding. I love the cake, the dresses, everything. So pretty.

Nancy and the fatties said...

I love that dress, too, is it a chiffon color? Was the cake yummy? It looks yummy. (munching peanut butter toast and wishing for cake instead...)

Jenn: said...

What a fun post!!! It's like an article from People Magazine.

The wedding dress DOES have a lot of beading! Ibet it weighed a ton.

And I love, love, love that cake. It is so bright and happy!

Concats to the new couple!

A New England Life said...

Love the cake! It's so simple yet elegant at the same time. The fall colors of the wedding mesh perfectly.
I would have hated cutting it!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I love the dresses and all the colors the bride chose! Kinda makes me want to get married again. I doubt my parents would spring for it now though.

Saucy said...

I love wedding posts! This one looks amazing... and that Mother of the Groom, she is "smokin'" as they say! Wow! You gals look terrific!