Friday, September 12, 2008

Get a Load of Honey Bun Tonight!

Tonight (change that to last night - it's already Friday!) I went to bunco. I know, you're thinking, didn't you just go to bunco not too long ago - it seems like you spend a lot of time with your friends?

Why, yes, I did but that last bunco was a make-up bunco. Tonight was the night we normally have it. Okay, let's get to the important part of bunco - dessert!

You're going to want this cake - right now, or for breakfast tomorrow!

Honey-bun Cake

Are you salivating yet? Can you almost smell the cinnamon? Are you singing the song from South Pacific? Oh my cats, this cake melts in your mouth. And the only thing you might not have on hand is buttermilk, and I'm thinking you could substitute something and get one of these babies popped out of the oven by morning!

Honey-bun Cake

1 c. chopped pecans (or walnuts)
4 t. cinnamon
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 yellow cake mix
3/4 c. oil
4 eggs
4 T. sugar
1 c. buttermilk

Glaze:
2 c. confectioners sugar
4 T. milk
1 T. vanilla
Mix well

I know - 4 eggs! But that is what makes it melt in your mouth, so get busy mixing!

Mix pecans, cinnamon and brown sugar. Set aside. Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour 1/2 of the batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the pecan mixture over the batter, and top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle remaining pecan mixture on top.

Swirl the batter with a spoon. Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 50 minutes. Pour glaze over hot cake.

Yummy good stuff, I'm telling you!

4 comments:

A New England Life said...

Laura,

Honey Bun Cake sounds and looks delicious! I'm going to try it this fall. After all, I know you have good taste when it comes to food since we are still loving the Blueberry and Lemon Poppyseed cake recipe from a couple years ago : )

Sharon

Nancy and the fatties said...

Laura, I was expecting to see a picture of Ted all dolled up in a tuxedo, but this is even better! I will send this recipe to Carlos today and tell him, if he REALLY loves me, he will cook this for me.
xxooo

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you don't have a gajillion cavities after eating this cake...but, honey, I would LOVE to be invited to party with you and your friends. You sound like me kinda gals! xoxo the fan

Mikki said...

mmm mmm good!! That looks DELISH! I am so going to make that Sunday morning. Thanks for the recipe!