Saturday, September 27, 2008

For Your Eyes Only!

Remember her?

Well, if you're not too young, you probably remember her looking like this:

We're going to the Palace Theater tonight to see her perform with the Louisville Orchestra. I saw her perform here many moons ago when she looked like the picture above. I thought she was cool back in the 80's, and I'm looking forward to hearing her again. I love the short hair!

The Palace Theater is an old theater that has been in the Louisville area since 1928. It closed for many years, and after the renovation, it is a spectacular place. It is designed like a Spanish courtyard, and you almost feel like you are sitting outside under the stars with the sky blue ceiling and tiny lights everywhere!

I was sorry to hear that Paul Newman passed away today. What a hottie he was in his day! He sure didn't seem like he was 83. I guess that means we're all getting older . . . . . . . .


3 comments:

Mikki said...

I always liked Sheena Easton. Hope the show was great! So sad about Paul Newman--all the great ones are passing on. :o(

Nancy and the fatties said...

Enjoy the show - I bet it will be great. Sheena rocks.

A New England Life said...

I should have read this post first. I can hardly believe THAT is Sheena Easton in the top photo! What happened?! She lost her edge. You know who still looks great and very stylish from that era? Pat Benetar.

Did Ted go with you or did you go with a friend?

How sad about Paul Newman. It just seemed like he would live forever. He was a good man ... a rare breed.