Monday, August 18, 2008

Window Mistreatment Day!

While visiting the Nesting Place blog today, I noticed she was having a Window Mistreatment Party! Seeing that I had a window in desperate need of attention, I decided that I could probably mistreat a window as good as the next gal.

So, I looked into my linen closet and this quilt jumped out at me!

Because the bracket from the last set of curtains was still attached, all I had to do was open another closet, find an old shower curtain rod, and brace it between the two brackets. Folding the quilt in half, I draped it over the rod.

Voila! Instant mistreatment - it took less than 10 minutes! And check out how perfectly the colors go with my hanging hide-the-litter-box treatment!

I'm so proud, and I didn't spend a dime! I think this will get me in the Mistreatment Club - what do you think?

8 comments:

Emily said...

I love it, it's so cottage-y!

M.L. said...

Who doesn't love a lovely quilt? Now you can enjoy it each day as you enter this day. Great job!

M.L.@ house of whimsy

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Very sweet quilt!

~ Sarah

megan said...

Clever and cheap. Gotta love it!!

Mikki said...

Very cute. It looks like it was meant to ba a valance.

Bonita said...

What a quick, easy, creative, and beautiful window treatment! I heart quilts so pardon me if I drool on your blog.

A New England Life said...

At least it's lined . . .

Jenn: said...

I finally checked out this Nesting Place blog- WOW! I am off to buy fabric now! I didn't know you could hot glue fabric. I can't wait to mistreat something ;0)