Saturday, August 30, 2008

Strip Tease!

I'm sure you've seen how the Nester mistreats a table in a good way! Well, I finally found the table for my craft room. However, it was mistreated in a very bad way.

So, today, I had to strip away all that nasty black paint. If you take a peek, you might be able to see what is underneath that black paint.

The Stripper is doing its business, and making my job easier!

I can't reveal the finished table yet because more work needs to be done, but let's just say I got a steal of a deal for $35 - you won't believe it when you see it!

I'm hoping to do a little good mistreating to the table before I'm done!


6 comments:

A New England Life said...

Stripping ... ah yes, I know it all to well. Stripping walls, stripping door stools, stripping doors ... you name it, I've stripped it. And it's always fun to see what's underneath!

Brent always thinks it's funny when I say I have to go to work and strip today ; )

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi laura!
oh how cool! what a high feedback project! my favorite kind! look at all of that peeling! i cannot wait to see how it turns out.
you are giving it a new life!
:) melissa

Jenn: said...

I can see bits oif a reddish wood undernieth. That last photo, BTW, blown up looks realllly cool!
The stripper doesn't ruin the wood?

Laura said...

Jenn - that last picture does look pretty cool full sized! The stripper doesn't ruin the wood. It makes a mess to clean up all that paint, and you've got to make sure you don't get any on you or it burns like crazy.

Emily said...

I can't wait! It's like opening a present!

Mikki said...

Looks like there's some pretty wood underneath! I can't wait to see the finished product.