Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stones and Rocks!

First let me say that if you read my entry yesterday, I was totally kidding about wanting Candy's hairstyle to come back. I didn't want Hulagirlatheart to think I was some type of moron! I know everything that goes around, comes around, but let's keep Candy's hair in the 70's!

Now, I forgot to mention one of the most wonderful things that happened to me on my Alaskan cruise. I got a hot stone massage! Just let the thought of that sink in a minute.

One and a half hours of pure heaven!

If you have never gotten a massage, you don't know what you are missing! Don't you hate it when you go get a pedicure, and you look at the chair next to you and it is a 13 year old? I feel like telling her that I was in my 40's before I ever got a pedicure! Like she would care.

So, don't let the teenagers of the world get a massage before you do. Start out with a regular one. You've got to work up to the seaweed wrap massages and the hot stone massages. Because once you go there, you never want to go back to the regular massages!

And while we're on the subject, let me say that my neighbor has rocks for brains! I looked out the window yesterday, and she was driving very slowly down our court and into her driveway. I did a double take when I realized that her 4th grade daughter was sitting on her lap driving the car. Please tell me I didn't just see that. Please!

The next thing you know, she'll be taking her to get a pedicure . . . . . . . . . . .

3 comments:

A New England Life said...

Oh gosh Laura, a 4th grader driving on her mom's lap? What is wrong with parents?! I agree with you, rocks for brains!

I've only had one massage in my life and it hurt! I had to keep telling her just that. She said I was very sensative and that if I ever have anyone else give me a massage I'd better let them know ahead of time. Whatever.

Glad you enjoyed yours! The hot stone massage sounds wonderful! My daughter has been asking for a manicure for 2 years now. If I'm not getting one, neither is she!

As for the hairstyle, I'll bet some women still wear it today. Of course not me, but some women . . .

Mikki said...

Sounds divine. My sister studied massage for a while. She was fabulous!! I wish she was here right now to give me one. I loved the last line of your post. Cracked me up. I've had maybe 3 pedi's now. My girls have each had one, but only because grandma paid for it.

Doreen said...

You crack me up. I better get a pedicure before Red Hots. I would hate for my piggies to not be up to code.

As for your neighbor, late some night in a couple years she will wonder why the car is not in the garage. DUH