Saturday, August 2, 2008

Reality Bites!

I got up at 6:00 a.m. yesterday to spend the entire day and night waiting in airports, flying in airplanes, changing my watch ahead hour by hour, sitting next to some guy in the plane who was too big for his seat and spilled over into my $450 space! I ate my Krispy Kreme doughnut dinner at midnight in the car on the way home - hey, it was either that or McDonald's - a no-brainer, if you ask me!

I was greeted by six cats who desperately missed me - and spent the evening with one sleeping on my head and one inbetween my knees. I woke up to dirty laundry, tall grass, unopened bills, and that rocking feeling of being on a boat but not really being on a boat!

I want to go back to this:

I want my Indonesian cabin steward, Rurie, who turned down my bed every night, left me a chocolate mint, folded my towel into a cute animal, left me the agenda for tomorrow, gave me a clean towel every time I turned around, and left me fruit each night.

I want to remember the incredible landscape, the gorgeous eagles, the spectacular whales, the adorable sea otters.

I never want to go another year without taking a vacation! I'll be sharing the spectacular time we had in Alaska . . . . . . . . . . right after I clean another litter box!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I don't blame you Laura. Reality can be harsh. So can the rocking! You'll probably still be rocking a week from now.

Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful vacation. Take your time though and relax.

Just think of the new patterns you can make in the grass tomorrow! haahaaa!

Jenn: said...

Welcome home Laura!

Even when I am away from the kitties, I find that I still sleep in those crazy positions I have to when they are there.

Love the penguin towel!