Monday, August 25, 2008

Cats 'n Crafts

My former guest room is one step closer to being finished! We, and I use that term loosely because I do most of the watching while Ted does the work, put the quarter round down yesterday.

Because we have another guest room, I thought this room should be for:

But, I'm hoping they will share the space with me because I need a place to do crafts and work on my cat/dog beds for my Etsy shop. I've always used the dining room table, kitchen island, kitchen table, and I can't wait to have a place where I can keep all the stuff in one place. That is Samoa, the princess diva, trying to decide if that chair would be a good nap spot!

I'm decorating the room with a lot of cat stuff I've got. This was a plaque I had given my Mom, and when going through her things, I thought I should keep it.
And no - I don't believe a word printed on it - you can have too many cats. I'm at the limit right now! Don't get me wrong, I love each one of them to pieces, but I wouldn't voluntarily have six. You do what you have to do under the circumstances!

How could you not love these faces?

And remember that white table I got at the Peddler's Mall? Here it is in the room with a cutesy lamp I found in colors to match the room.

I'm on the hunt for a worktable of some kind and/or cabinet and/or storage unit. I got inspired when I saw this table storage piece on HGTV's website. OMC (that's oh my cats to those of you not familiar with Catster lingo) - don't you love it? And don't you love HGTV?

4 comments:

A New England Life said...

Yes, it's definitely the Cat Room! lol! You've done a very nice job Laura without spending a lot of money, which is always nice : )

Love the storage unit too! Great HGTV idea to take 3-6 months designing your Craft Room ... oh please *rolls eyes*

The floor came out wonderful! Ted deserves a Bonus for all his hard work! hee hee

Mikki said...

everything looks really cute. I love it. I love HGTV.

sillygrrl said...

I say 'bring on the fur' I love having 6 cats! Not much of a change for me because I grew up with 4. I think my limit would be 8 or 10. Now if only I could convince the hubby...
I love your room. It really turned out great, and all the cat accessories are meowvelous! I want a cat room now...

Jenn: said...

It looks great Laura.
I am sure the cats would love to share the room with you since you will be bringing in things thaey can lay on and get into and generally get in the way. I know Lancelot would concider it a bonus.

PS- I love your new layout!