Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where Have You Been All My Life?

I got a pedicure yesterday. It's #2 behind getting my hair cut for the best way to feel like a new woman! I got my hair cut this week too, so I'm feeling super new!

So, I took my newly cut and polished self to Walmart. I needed to buy a couple of cards, and I wandered into the craft department. Always low prices show up on the endcap of an aisle. I'm sifting through a bunch of wedding scrapbook stuff and wishing I knew someone who was getting married so I could call them and tell them to get to Walmart ASAP when I looked at this hanging on a peg!

It had me at Fiskars! It had me at Fiskars! And look at the price! Only $5?? How could I pass it up? A three piece eyelet setter set from Fiskars for only $5! And it says you can punch holes and set eyelets with the same tool, no hammer required!

Later that night, I showed Ted my new purchase. He said, what are you going to do with that? Men! What am I going to do with that? I have no idea, but I've never had one, always wanted one, and got one for only $5 - actually got three for $5!

I'll figure out what I'm going to do with it later. I'm sure I can find some gal's blog who makes a gazillion things using her eyelet setter set!

P.S. Happy 50th Birthday, Judy! You make 50 look fabulous!

7 comments:

Robyn said...

I know what you mean, a pedicure can make all things better!

Nancy and the fatties said...

I don't know what it is, or even what it does, but I want one of them fiskar thingies too!!!! :) Just teasing you Laura. Had to. Couldn't help it.
xxoo
n and the pees
Pee Ess - nice toes-zees!!!

Jenn: said...

Those lil finds can be more fun than a bigger purchase, can't they?

Love the red polish! I think toes should always be red.

Sharon said...

Nice feet Laura! At least you don't have hairy toes . . . lol!

I'm not sure what one of those eyelet setters does either Nancy. Looks a bit to primative to me, but I know you will make big things happen with it Laura!

Happy Birthday Judy! Wishing you a wonderful day!

judy (ca) said...

Thank you very much for the Birthday Wishes!!

Congrats on your great purchase :)

Love the toes! A pedicure is always so relaxing.

Starchy said...

Hey, Samoa and Crew's mom! This is Sawyer and Crew's mom! I blog, too, although my blog often falls by the wayside so I can serve my Catster secretarial duties.

Love the pedicure and the $5 goodies! Whatever they're for. ha!

Doreen said...

Laura,

I need one of those eyelet setters. It would be great for making holes in cards. Tell Ted to stick to the computer -- we could do some wonderful things with that setter. hahaha They are just things you have to have and what a deal you got.

D