Thursday, July 24, 2008

Leaving On a Jet Plane!

Tomorrow we leave for Seattle to board Holland America's Amsterdam traveling to Alaksa! This is Ted's first cruise, and only my second. My first cruise was last October with my Red Hot friends.

Our first day is at sea - hoping the waters are calm as I get motion sickness! I've packed the dramamine and ginger pills!

Then we arrive in Juneau where we will go on a whale watching quest, view Mendenhall Glacier, and have a salmon bake!

The following day is cruising Glacier Bay - we got a verandah room with a balcony so we could enjoy the view!

We arrive in Sitka the next day where we will go on a sea otter and wildlife quest.

Day six finds us in Ketchikan where we will bravely go where we have never gone before - into the rain forest canopy on a zipline expedition. Or as Jenn has so nicely pointed out, the death slide!

Our last evening is in Victoria, Canada, and then back to Seattle for the ride home! I hope to bring back lots of pictures to share! If the internet cafe isn't too expensive, I might be able to do a couple of updates along the way!

Bon voyage . . . . . . . . . . .

5 comments:

Pegasus said...

Laura, you will have a wonderful time. My sister did this a few years ago and loved it and you know Phyllis did it too. As for the zip line...just hold your breath and go!! Don't forget to look around!
Enjoy.
:0)
Peggy

Jenn: said...

I love cruises! You are so pampered. Whale watching is something I have always wanted to do. I cannot wait to see your pics and hear your stories. Have a wonderful time, both of you!!!

Sharon said...

I'll be thinking of you and Ted Laura! I know the two of you will have a much needed relaxing cruise. Are you sure about that zip line? There's no way I would EVER be able to do that! You are my hero : )

Bon Voyage!

Simply Stork said...

I've always wanted to do that...looks like a blast...hope you have a great time...

~simply~

Nancy and the fatties said...

Have fun Laura!! can't wait to see all the pictures. If you see a whale, say hello for me! :)