Saturday, June 28, 2008

It Pays To Be Loyal!

When Shutterfly first became an advertiser on Catster/Dogster, they offered a free 12 x 12 photo book to members. Since our dog, Autumn, had recently gone to the rainbow bridge, I made that book about her.

I loved the way it turned out, so I made a book about the cats (blue book above). The photo books are like doing an on-line scrapbook. You choose how many pictures you want on a page, how you want them arranged, and what backgrounds/captions you want. You can take as long as you want to get the book exactly how you like it. The finished product has a very professional look - glossy pictures and your choice of covers - I've done leather and a linen type fabric. After my girlfriend cruise, I did another photo book (red book above).

You can also order pictures, cards, and other items from Shutterfly. I've made notecards, holiday cards, and buttons. I've been pleased with everything I've ordered from them.

The more you do, the more special offers they send you. Right after our vacation, I was emailed an offer for a free 8 x 8 photobook. I decided to do our Cabo vacation pictures. This was my first 8 x 8 book, and it arrived yesterday. The book is a hardback with a glossy finish. It looks like something you buy at a book store! This is the back cover of the book:

If you're like me, and enjoy scrapbooking, but don't want to take the time, this is a much quicker way to get your favorite pictures into a beautiful keepsake!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Beautiful book Laura. How I wish I had one just like it, along with the experiences to match!